Muslimcreed – Do you want to perform the sacrifice this year? Alhamdulillah, friends have learned lessons from sacrifice, one of which is to be thankful for the true blessings that Allah has provided. Because it’s not just through nourishment that we obtain the reward, but from the worship of sharing animals or Bahiimatul Al An’aam this is also a true blessing from Him. Friends need to know that the kinds of pets that are enabled to be compromised are not regular animals. Pets that can be used as sacrifices consist of camels, cows, and goats.
Coverage from da’wah.id, some scholars’ viewpoints say that the kinds of pets that are provided consent for sacrifice are 3 specifically camels, cows, and goats.
Imam Ibn Kathir said, “They are camels, cows, and goats.” (Tafsir Ibn Kathir, 1/312)
Asy-Syairazi ash-Syafi’I said, “Aside from the kind of animals, it’s not permissible to use it for Udhhiyah; specifically camels, cows, and goats.” (Al-Muhadzdzab, 1/74)
Aside from these 2 viewpoints, RasulullahSallallahu ‘AlayhiWaSallam also has never told about sacrificial pets various other compared to animals: There’s no background from the Prophet Sallallahu ‘AlayhiWaSallam nor his buddies, that they performed udhiyah with various other compared to animals. (FathulQadir, 9/97)
Kinds of Pets That Can Be Compromised
This kind of pet is one kind of pet that’s just found in certain habitats. Exactly in dry locations such as deserts in the eastern globe. Because the camel is a pet with one bulge that appropriates for lengthy journeys or also as a human animal.
In the context of sacrifice, usually, camels are enabled to be compromised for a total of 10 (10) individuals. From Ibn Abbas radhiyallahu’anhu he said,
كُنَّا مَعَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ -صلى الله عليه وسلم- فِى سَفَرٍ فَحَضَرَ الأَضْحَى فَاشْتَرَكْنَا فِى الْبَقَرَةِ سَبْعَةً وَفِى الْبَعِيرِ عَشَرَةً
It means: “In the previous, we used to take place a trip with the Carrier of Allah, sallallaahu ‘alaihiwaSallam, and after that the indulge of Eid al-Adha arrived, so we grouped up 10 individuals to sacrifice a camel. When it comes to a cow, we partner 7 individuals.” (HR. Tirmidhi no. 905, Ibn Majah no. 3131)
The age of the camel that’s enabled to be compromised is the camel which is 5-6 years of age, which is much longer compared to the various other sacrificial pets.
2. Cow or Buffalo
As opposed to camels, we often encounter cows in exotic nations such as Indonesia. The kinds of cows also differ from dairy cows to ranch livestock. However, particularly in Indonesia itself, some locations use buffalo as a replacement for cows for sacrifice.
Fiqh scholars have one opinion that buffalo can change cows in AlmisbahulMunir’s book:
وَقَدْ سَوَّى الْفُقَهَاءُ الْجَامُوسَ بِالْبَقَرِ فِي الأْحْكَامِ ، وَعَامَلُوهُمَا كَجِنْسٍ وَاحِدٍ
Meaning: “Fiqh scholars correspond buffalo with cows in various laws, and make them such as one species.”
Particularly for cows or buffalo, some viewpoints also permit for joint sacrifices of cows or buffalo with a quota of up to 7 individuals (inning accordance with the hadith over HR. Tirmidhi no. 905, Ibn Majah no. 3131).
Cows or buffaloes that are enabled to be compromised are cows or buffalo that have entered the age of 2 years.
As opposed to the arrangements for various other kinds of sacrificial pets, goats are among one the most common kinds of sacrificial pets to be compromised, particularly in Indonesia. Goats are often compromised for a single person, however, some scholars’ viewpoints say that a goat slaughtered by one familygoingmeans that it stands for the sacrifice of the entire family.
كَانَ الرَّجُلُ فِي عَهْدِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يُضَحِّى بِالشَّاةِ عَنْهُ وَعَنْ أَهْلِ بَيْتِهِ
Meaning: “At the moment of the Prophet Sallallahu ‘AlayhiWaSallam there was someone (hubby) slaughtered a goat as a sacrifice for himself and his family.” (HR. Tirmidhi no. 1505)
The age demand for the sacrifice of a goat is when the goat gets to the age of 1-2 years. Keeping that age and the arrangements of the lawful requirements of the sacrifice, the goat can be used as a sacrificial pet.
Sheep are pets that are often equated with goats. This furry pet transforms bent on having more features compared to goats. This is because the Prophet Sallallahu ‘AlayhiwaSallam used to sacrifice 2 gibas or sheep inning accordance with the following hadith:
Meaning: From Anas container Malik radhiyallahu ‘anhu, the Prophet Sallallahu ‘AlayhiwaSallam used to sacrifice with 2 white Gibas (rams) with horns, after that he said the name of Allah and recited the Takbir, and he put his feet on the cheeks of both Gibas (when slaughtering ). In another lafazh, it’s specified that he slaughtered it with his hand (Muttafaqun ‘alaih). In another lafazh it’s specified, “Saminain, meaning 2 fat Gibas.” In Abu ‘Awanah’slafazh in his Sahih book with the lafazh, “Tsaminain, meaning unique (valuable) Gibas.” In Muslim lafazh it’s specified, that when slaughtering, he said, “Bismillahwallahu Akbar (meaning: for Allah and Allah is Greatest).” (Told by Bukhari no. 5565 and Muslim no. 1966)
Along with the supremacy of the sheep, the hadith also specifies that the man’s sacrificial pet is focused on over the female.
When it comes to the age of sheep that are required to be a sacrificial pet, it’s a sheep that’s 6 months old. The age of this pet is below various other kinds of sacrificial pets but also takes precedence after cows or buffalo.
Sacrificial Pets Lawful Requirements
As discussed previously, the animals that are enabled to be compromised consist of camels, cows, buffalo, goats, and sheep. Additionally, a sacrificer and slaughterer must also know the lawful requirements for the sacrificial pet which is composed of:
• Sacrificial pets are animals including camels, cows, buffalo, goats, and sheep
• The camel goes to the very least 5 years of age and has entered its 6th year,
• The cow or buffalo goes to the very least 2 years of age and has entered the 3rd year,
• Goats go to the very least 2 years of age and have entered the 3rd year,
• Sheep go to the very least 1 year of age and have changed teeth (musinnah).
• devoid of problems.
• The sacrificial pet has become the property of the sacrifice.
Kinds of Pets That Should Not Be Compromised
The kinds of pets that are enabled sacrifice need to satisfy the requirements of the high-top qualities of pets that are not enabled to be compromised by the Prophet. The qualities described in these problems are according to the following hadith:
It means: From Al Bara’ container ‘Azibradhiyallahu ‘anhuma, he said, “The Prophet Sallallahu ‘AlayhiWaSallam once stood in our middle and said, “There are 4 problems that are not allowed the sacrificial pet: (1) one-sided loss of sight and a very clear loss of sight, (2) ill and sick, (3) limping and limping, (4) so slim that he has no bone marrow.” Issued by the 5 (4 writers of the Sunan plus Imam Ahmad). Verified by Tirmidhi and Ibn Hibban.
Qualities of Handicapped Pets That Should Not Be Sacrificial
The problems that make it void to be used as a sacrificial pet are:
Blind,Serious discomfort,limping, and Very slim or weak to the point of having no bone marrow
The problems that cause makruh to be used as sacrificial pets are:
Component or all his ears were cut off,The horns are broken or broken,andThe tooth is broken or broken.
18 Kinds of Pet Problems That Are Not Enabled Sacrifice
The scholars have detailed the understanding of pest problems that are not enabled sacrifice of as many as 18 kinds. The 18 kinds of problems in the sacrificial pets that have been detailed are as complies with:
1. Al-Anya: total loss of sight in both eyes,
2. Al-‘Aura’ Al-BayyinUruha: total loss of sight,
3. Maqthu’ah al-LisanKuliha: cut off the tongue,
4. Maqthu’ahBa’dh al-Lisan: cut off components of the tongue,
5. Al-Jad’a: cut off the nose,
6. Maqrhu’ah al-Udzunain aw Ihdahuma: severed ear although one, consisting of congenital ear problems,
7. Maqrhu’ahBa’dh al-Udzun: cut off component of the ear,
8. Al-Arja al-Bayyin ‘Urjuha: not able to stroll, such as strolling from the beginning place to the place of slaughter,
9. Al-Jadzma ‘: not having hands (front legs) and hind legs, in entire or partially, both later on problems and congenital problems,
10. Al-Jadzza ‘: female sacrificial pet whose finish of milk is cut off or dry because it doesn’t produce milk,
11. Maqthu’ah al-Ilyah: pets whose tails are cut off other than those birthed from birth,
12. Maqthuah al-Miqdar al-Katsir Minutes al-Ilyah: most of the tail is severed,
13. Maqthu’ah al-Dzanab: pets that don’t have or are broken at the lower finish of the spinal column,
14. Maqthu’ah al-Miqdar al-Katsir Minutes al-Dzanab: most of his Dzanab doesn’t exist,
15. Al-Maridhah al-BayyinMaradhuha: pets that are plainly ill,
16. Al-AjfaGhair al-Munqiyah: ill animal severe in the interior of the bones, or marrow so that it can be defined by the failure to stroll or various other indications of weak point,
17. Musharramah al-Athibba: pets that have been treated for disease and are no much longer able to produce milk,
18. Al-Jallalah: Pets that consume feces because of being restricted for a very long time.