Muslimcreed.com – Surah Al-Ghasyiyah is the 88th surah in the Koran. This Surah belongs to the Makiyah Surah group. The verses are 26. Surah Al-Ghasyiyah came down after Surah Adz-Dzaariat. This Surah describes the Day of Judgment, the Day of Judgment, and the situation in the Hereafter.
Asbabun Nuzul Surah Al-Ghasyiyah
Imam Ibn Jarir and Imam Ibn Abu Hatim present a hadith through qatadah regarding asbabun nuzul or the reasons for the revelation of Surah Al-Ghasyiyah. Surah Al-Ghasyiyah came down because when Allah described the pleasures that are in heaven. People were momentarily amazed by this.
So Allah sent down His word through Q. S. Al-Ghasyiyah: 17
When the surah was revealed, the disbelievers were amazed and found it strange. So, Allah revealed the next verse which gives instructions to pay attention to the objects around. So, can understand the truth about the afterlife.
At Tabrisyi stated in a hadith from Ubay bin Ka’ab that the Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. said, “Whoever reads the letter Al Ghasyiyah then Allah will account for him with a light reckoning.
Contents of Surah Al-Ghasyiyah
Surah Al-Ghasyiyah was revealed to explain about the Day of Judgment. Including the condition of the disbelievers on the Day of Judgment. As well as punishment for those who do bad things during their life with a downcast and humiliated face.
The punishment is also addressed to people who like to chase the world. They will go to hell which has the hottest fire than the fire in the entire universe. They are still given drinking water taken from hot springs as well.
The food that was given was no less bad and not delicious at all. They eat thorny trees. The tree cannot fatten and cannot eliminate hunger.
The Surah also describes the state of heaven as a reward for those who believe and obey Allah. On that day, many faces were beaming. They feel happy to enter into a high position of heaven.
When in heaven, there are no useless words. The springs there also flow. The couches were raised. Glasses are available nearby. Also the back cushions that are arranged as well as the spread rugs.
The Surah also instructs to pay attention to the wonders of Allah’s creations. For example, consider the camel, how was it created? And the sky, how is it exalted? And how are the mountains set up? And how is the earth spread out?
Allah gave orders to Prophet Muhammad to warn his people about Allah’s verses. This is because the Prophet Muhammad was a warner. He is not someone who has power over the faith of mankind.
The content of Surah Al-Ghasyiyah is briefly as follows.
- – Allah’s command to the Prophet Muhammad to warn his people to the verses of Allah. This is because the Prophet Muhammad was only a warner not a ruler over the faith of his people.
- – Exposure or information about the disbelievers on the Day of Resurrection and the punishment they will receive.
- – The commandment to pay attention to the wonders of Allah’s creations.
- – Exposure or information about the believers and the reward of heaven that will be received.
The Importance of Reading Surah Al-Ghasyiyah
When someone reads Surah Al-Ghasyiyah, he will get the following benefits and benefits.
1. Surah Al-Ghasyiyah is included in Al-Mufashshal which was given to the Prophet Muhammad in addition. Therefore, the Messenger of Allah has privileges and virtues over his predecessor prophets.
2. Allah gives all the readers of Surah Al-Ghasyiyah with His mercy both in this world and in the hereafter.
3. Someone who reads Surah Al-Ghasyiyah will get relief on his reckoning. The surah can also be used as a prayer or wasilah for births, people who run away, and people who ask for help.
The mandate in Surah Al-Ghasyiyah
When reading Surah Al-Ghasyiyah, one should also read the translation of each verse or read the interpretation. Because by understanding these things will get a lot of wisdom or learning. The following is the mandate or wisdom that can be learned from Surah Al-Ghasyiyah.
- – Mentioning various kinds of torments for disobedient and wretched people such as exhaustion, humiliation, being burned in hell fire, scalding hot water, and eating thorny trees. This warns us to always do good and have faith in Allah. Thus, avoiding these torments.
- – As a warning about the enormity of the Day of Judgment. At that time, people will be divided into two groups, namely those who are wretched and those who are happy. If you do not want to be included in the group of people who are wretched, you must improve and increase your faith. And always obey God.
- – Explains how the faces of Muslims look full of pleasure on the Day of Resurrection. Their faces were full of happiness and joy.
- – Explains about the life of hell which is much different from life on earth. There it is more cruel as a punishment for humans who only pursue the world and do not believe in Allah.
- – Explaining the high position of heaven as in Surah Taha verse 75.
- – Explaining the signs of Allah’s power on the surface of the earth, for example the erection of the mountains and the calm of the earth because they are like pegs.
- – A Muslim who successfully inhabits paradise will get pleasure and happiness for example being able to see Allah, get delicious food and drink, trees. palaces and rivers.
- – Not only that, the inhabitants of heaven will gather with other inhabitants of heaven. In it are high and fine cots. And neatly arranged pillows and spread rugs.
- – Explains about the creation of camels as signs of Allah’s power, then camels were created to be ridden and carry goods.