The law please help in bad and sin
Islam teaches its people to always help in everything that can be done. But please help in terms of committing a sin, it is forbidden by religion and prohibited by religion, as Allah Ta’ala says in Surah al-Maidah verse 2, it is forbidden to help in committing immorality and must always fear Allah swt.
وَلَا تَعَاوَنُوا عَلَى الْإِثْمِ وَالْعُدْوَانِ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ شَدِيدُ الْعِقَابِ
This verse shows that it is forbidden to help each other in immorality or sin.
In the hadith narrated by Imam Muslim number 1017 it is also stated,
وَمَنْ سَنَّ فِى الإِسْلاَمِ سُنَّةً سَيِّئَةً كَانَ عَلَيْهِ وِزْرُهَا وَوِزْرُ مَنْ عَمِلَ بِهَا مِنْ بَعْدِهِ مِنْ غَيْرِ أَنْ يَنْقُصَ مِنْ أَوْزَارِهِمْ شَىْءٌ
“Whoever gives guidance to evil, then he will get the sin of that bad deed and also the sin of those who practice it after that without reducing their sin in the slightest.”
Imam Nawawirahimahullah said, “Whoever gives guidance to goodness, then he will get a reward like those who follow him. As for whoever guides to error, then he will get a sin like those who follow him. The flow of rewards or sins was found to either give clues to the goodness or error that started it or someone who has imitated it before. Likewise, the flow of reward or sin is found from teaching knowledge, worship, etiquette and others.”
While the words of the Prophet – sallallaahu ‘alaihiwasallam -, “Then it is practiced by people after that”, then the meaning is that he has given instructions (good or bad) and then practiced by others after that when the example is still alive or has died. Thus the explanation of Imam Nawawirahimahullah in SyarhSahih Muslim when explaining the hadith above.
In essence, the two arguments above show clearly that anyone who hints at ugliness, sin or immorality, will get the same sin as the person who did it. Just like the rules of ushul that exist in Islam, that is, anyone who helps in committing a sin, it is also counted as a sinner (people who help him).
So what are some examples of helping to do immorality and sin?
We will give examples of helping to commit sins that are prohibited by Islam, for example:
- 1- give instructions to his brother to kill other Muslims or lend a weapon to kill his brother.
- 2- give directions to avoid responsibility.
- 3- Publish and disseminate heretical books containing the teachings of shirk, heresy, immorality, magic, shamanism, occultism, divination, then it is considered to be immoral.
- 4- Rent a shop to a person who is known to be selling khomr (liquor).
- 5- Lend a vehicle to another person to commit immorality.
- 6- give money for gambling capital.
- 7- helping to spread fake news or news that is not yet clear.
- 8- provide a place to discuss disobedience and injustice.
- 9- be a false witness to defend his brother.
- 10- give a job to someone to do immorality.
There are many more examples of helping out which are prohibited in Islam, in essence Muslims are prohibited from helping in carrying out immorality and injustice, because people who commit and help in disobedience will both get sin.
May we all be protected by Allah swt from immoral acts and injustice… amen