Muslim Creed – As a Muslim, we must understand the meaning of Umrah, its problems and laws. Inning accordance with Arabic, Umrah means to visit or make a trip. On the other hand, inning accordance with the call, Umrah is a visit to the Baitullah to perform a collection of stages of worship, such as Thawaf, Sa’i in between Mount Safa and Mount Marwah, and finally is doing tahalul to anticipate enjoyment from Allah SWT.
Actually, Umrah is almost the like Hajj, but the legislation is various. Umrah can be performed at any moment, other than on the day of the Hajj. For more information, see the following conversation.
Umrah (Arabic: عمرة) is a Muslim worship performed in Capital al-Mukarramah, particularly in the Grand Mosque. Umrah worship is almost just like the trip, other than that in umrah tasks don’t perform wukuf, mabit and toss jumrah as is performed in Hajj.
In language, Umrah means to visit a place. Whereas in fiqh terms, Umrah means carrying out a collection of worship: tawaf (walking around the Kaaba 7 times), sai (sprinting) in between both hillsides of Safa and Marwah, after that finishing with tahalul (removing some of the hair of the
- 1. Muslim (individuals that are Muslim are also called Muslims)
- 2. Baligh, meaning that the individual has reached their adult years. For boys in between the ages of 11-15 years and for women in between the ages of 9-12 years.
- 3. Sensible (no psychological disorders)
- 4. Independent, meaning that individual isn’t a slave or slave
- 5. Gone along with by a mahrom (just for women).
Columns of Umrah
- 1. Intention / Ihram (intention to perform Umrah and wear Ihram clothes)
- 2. Carrying out Tawaf (about the Kaaba 7 times with the Kaaba position left wing of the Umrah pilgrims)
- 3. Sa’i or running from Mount Shafa to Bukit Marwah 7 times finishing at Bukit Marwah.
- 4. Tahalul, specifically cutting hair or shortening hair.
- 5. Organized, perform Umrah according to the rules.
- 1. Carrying out ihram at the miqat (means to perform Umrah)
- 2. Leave all the restrictions of ihram
If the obligatory umrah is deserted, the umrah will still be legitimate but must be protected by paying a fine called a dam through a goat.
Umrah Application Legislation
There are distinctions regarding the legislation for the application of this Umrah. There are some that think that Umrah is a sunnahmuakkad or an extremely suggested sunnah. On the other hand, other suggest that the legislation of Umrah is obligatory for individuals that have the ability to carry it out, specifically psychologically and economically qualified.
Rasulullah SAW was asked by a buddy about whether it’s obligatory for Muslims to perform Umrah. After that Prophet Muhammad SAW replied, “No, if you perform Umrah after that it’s better.” (HR Tirmidhi).
Based upon this hadith, we can understand that the Carrier of Allah highly encouraged his individuals to perform Umrah to the Baitullah so that the lawful Umrah worship is the sunnahmuakadah or the preferred sunnah.
Time for Umrah
Along with needing to understand the meaning of Umrah, its terms, and laws, we also need to understand the timing of Umrah worship. Umrah can be performed at any moment without being bound by a specific time as the application of the trip. However, there are certain times that are prohibited to perform Umrah, specifically when the pilgrims perform wukuf in Padang Arafah, the day of Nahar (IdulAdha) on the 10th of Dzulhijjah, as well as the days of tasyrik.
Stages of Carrying out Umrah
- 1. Most likely to miqat
- 2. Showering and ihram in the miqat (may also be done at the lodge before leaving for the miqat)
- 3. Wear ihram and hope sunnah ihram 2 rakaat (after reading Surah Al-Fatihah, reading Surah Al-Kafirun in the first rakaat and reading Surah Al-Ikhlas in the second cycle.
- 4. Read the intention of umrah “Labbaikallahuumrotan”. After that, most likely to Makkah wearing Ihrom and read as many talbiyah sentences as you can throughout the journey.
- 5. Towards the Grand Mosque
- 6. Doing tawaf
- 7. Hoping 2 rak’ahs at the dean Maqam Ibrahim
- 8. Relax and drink zam-zam sprinkle
- 9. Do sa’i in between Mount Safa and Marwah 7 times
- 10. Doing tahallul
- Thus the conversation of the meaning of Umrah, its terms and laws